Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Kiera Cameron: Fandom Explored

In an earlier post, BDSM: It’s not about the pain; it’s about trust. Right?!, I mentioned my love of strong female characters. Although I dismissed a potential contradiction, I do find it a bit odd. My favorite TV characters have similarities; they’re mostly tough, independent, fighters. To try to find more common characteristics, I’m going to do quick character analyses.



Kiera Cameron from Continuum (Thanks for the introduction Netflix!)



Kiera is smart, good at her job, and principled. She is also adaptable. She is a police officer in 2077. While guarding condemned prisoners’ high profile execution, she is pulled back in time to 2012 during their escape attempt. Even though she wants her son and husband back, she is willing to save lives or do what seems right at the moment despite potentially altering the future. She is independent and resourceful, lying her way onto the police force. Granted she has some high-tech help. She is a BAMF.

No comments:

Post a Comment