Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Criminal Minds - Does it inspire crime?

I couldn't say for sure, but I can tell you it inspires my fantasies and a few scenes. I remember talking to my Dom one night when he said, "Turn on the TV! You'd like what is going on in Criminal Minds!" So, I did and he was right. ;) Maybe that makes me a sick, twisted freak. In real life, the story lines would turn my stomach, but in the hands of a person I care about, some otherwise depraved, evil actions become hot. Oops...

However, if the ideas on that show inspire two consenting adults like us, why is it out of the realm of possibility that the storylines would inspire someone who doesn't care about SSC or RACK (Safe, Sane, and Consensual; Risk Aware Consensual Kink)  to do awful things?

This post comes to you because it is Wednesday night and that means CM! :) My favorite character is Spencer because he is geeky and extremely intelligent. Also, welcome to my brain Dr. Reid... I just wanted to hug him and the poor boy in the episode.


 
 
Although, I think some of those darn writers are sadists!
 


I hear prosecutors grumble about the CSI effect; CSI gives people unrealistic expectations for evidence or worse, gives criminals ideas on how to hide their deeds. Therefore, we know TV can effect real life crime and justice. Do you think Criminal Minds inspires crime?

No comments:

Post a Comment