Thursday, December 12, 2013

Body Love, I know Girls, and Self-Acceptance

More and more I think if it makes me happy, why shouldn’t I do it? Why should I care what other people think? Why should I care about the antecedents?

Perhaps it is true there are more dangerous people who are sadists or more mentally ill people who are masochists, but I also know here are amazing, compassionate, caring, intelligent people on both sides of the coin.

Yes, I have mental illnesses, they are part of who I am today. Even when I am in remission, they’ve shaped who I am. It is clear I function optimally when in a D/s relationship. The last time I remember liking my body and feeling confident since I was 9 years old was during a D/s relationship. Why should I give up that peace and security because of societal expectations?

Someone once told me even if I work through the antecedents, this will most likely always be with me. Why am I fighting so hard against part of myself? Why can’t I just accept it?

Mary Lambert makes me want to cry, in a good way. "I only know how to exist when I am wanted." :( FYI, I'm jealous of her girlfriend; she seems amazing!



http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7tlFfKCESg


No comments:

Post a Comment